Senior Java Developer – Tartu
LeapIN is a start-up founded by professional IT freelancers and backed by some of the most innovative international investors. We are helping freelancers and digital nomads overcome geographical and administrational barriers, fight bureaucracy and become a trusted and transparent entrepreneur working remotely in a smart hassle-free way.
We believe that running a business needs to be simpler and manageable remotely from anywhere in the world. That is why we are building a platform to start & run a location independent business - a simple all-in-one solution that takes care of the hassle of starting your company, opening a bank account, handling everyday accounting, tax reporting and legal work.
During the 3 years in business LeapIN has attracted customers from over 100 countries, allowing them to focus on the important - providing value to their customers.
- Financial Services, SaaS
- Job function
- Engineering, Information Technology
- Starting date
- Education required
- University degree
- Languages required
- English, Estonian (optional)
- Work experience required
- 5+ years
- Employment type
What's the role?
You will be joining a small team of highly motivated people working on LeapIN self-service and back-end solutions in our Tartu office with a possibility to work remotely for some part of the time, if that works out better for you. We expect you to be good at teamwork and building great software products, learning from and actually caring about customer feedback and making architectural decisions as a senior level full-stack developer.
- At least 5 years of work experience with full-stack Java web application development (front-end -> service layer -> database)
- Experience with scalability, security and performance challenges
- Ability to work and deliver independently with little supervision
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and/or Estonian
- Experience in Java with focus on: Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JSP, JDBC and Web services (REST, SOAP)
- Using relational databases (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Testing your own code and functionality
- Knowledge of build stack tools (IDE, Git, Maven)
- Experience with application servers (Apache, Tomcat)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (Amazon AWS)
- Not being afraid of command line :)
Always a plus:
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Having good sense of building top-quality user-interface products
- Being passionate about building life-improving solutions for real end users
- Having a great sense of humour
If you would love to have guru-level colleagues, friendly working atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow your skills, flexible working time and you wish to work for a rapidly growing start-up that is focused on changing the way how people work, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly: